- 2/2 - Rob B Hood (2006)
- 2/4 - Fearless (2006)
- 2/5 - Yojimbo (1961)
- 2/7 - Crank (2006)
- 2/7 - Idiocracy (2006)
- 2/7- The U.S. vs. John Lennon (2006)
- 2/9 - Trust (1990)
- 2/9 - Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- 2/9 - 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)
- 2/13 - The Honeymoon Killers (1970)
- 2/16 - Kingdom of Heaven (2005)
- 2/21 - The Black Dahlia (2006)
- 2/22 - The Last King of Scotland (2006)
- 2/24 - Flags of our Fathers (2006)
- 2/24 - The Departed (2006)
- 2/25 - Babel (2006)
- 2/27 - Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny (2006)
Worst film of the month hands down goes to THE BLACK DAHLIA. Brain de Palma continues to lose his voice - only finding a few scenes here that can be called his own. For a movie that actually in turns of basic plot pretty faithful to the excellent novel by James Ellroy, THE BLACK DAHLIA is tired, worn out, and listless, with an ending that is so bad you have to stop and ask yourself, "Am I really watching this? They're just standing around while the villain explains why they did it?"
THE DEPARTED proved itself (to me, at least) to be the best film out of those nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards this year. It still didn't top CHILDREN OF MEN or PAN'S LABYRINTH, but I'm more than satisfied with it's win.
Already seen a few movies this month, including a double header of oldies from Mr. David Cronenberg I'll be writing up this weekend. Oh, and if you have a chance, try to get out and see THE HOST, which premiered yesterday. 300 didn't stand a chance when I got to the theater and saw that the Korean monster flick was playing. In short, it was great, and hopefully will be written up later today.