Monday, April 13, 2009

Back and Tweaking

You know what I realized?

I really have no desire to log and review every single film I see.

There. It's out there now. I feel better for having admitting it. And it's not because I didn't see any good films - sometimes the best reviews come from the ones you didn't like. It's a combination of things: films had taken a bit of a back-seat after WATCHMEN, making room for some family things and some hobbies long-neglected but recently taken back up. Films are still wonderful, but the rush to have a review up for every single thing I've watched plus articles and essays about film-related matter didn't give me the time to really focus on improving my film writing, which was one of the main goals in breaking out and creating this site.

So there's going to be some adjustments - the main one being the reviews. There will be fewer, but hopefully they'll begin to take a more definite shape. Additionally, the chances of the reviewed film being new or current releases is going to be slim - I'm just not getting out there as much as I want to, and I have a slew of DVDs that frankly are more interesting to me right now than whatever happens to be playing in the local mainstream theaters (except for OBSERVE AND REPORT, which has me very interested).

The look of the site will change as well - I'm not happy with the bleak, grey look - so we'll see what we can do about that as well.

In the meantime, check out some of the great writing going on from the list on the right side of this site. One and all they're all worthy of your time. I'll be back soon with a review of Dario Argento's "lost" giallo FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET.

No comments:

Post a Comment