Tuesday, October 16, 2007

In Which We Once Again (Gladly) Set Ourselves Up for Failure

Let it be known here and now that I'm fully aware October is rearing its ugly head, which means it's once again time for me to attempt to review a given number of horror films, only to fall miserably short again.

Will that stop me from trying? HELLS NO!

So my modest goal this year is just to beat last year's grand total of 12 (I never finished my review of KAIRO (PULSE) and will probably fail again this year). As always, I'm currently taking requests: if there's a horror movie you love, or even a horror movie you hate and want to see if I hate it, too - let me know! My only guidelines are:
  1. It can't be a movie I've already reviewed on this site.
  2. It has to readily available - either at the local theater, rental house or on Netflix...I'm not afraid to spend a few bucks to see or purchase a flick, but I'm not going to shell out $39.99 for some Danish import with no subtitles.

I already have a few titles lined up that run the gamut of old, new, cult, foreign...you get the picture. Anyway, here's a little of what you can expect:

SEE...the sweat drip off my brow as I approach the end of October only to suddenly realize that once again MAD LOVE was watched and never written up, despite my overwhelming love for it!!!

HEAR...screams of anger and disgust as my wife walks in to find me huddled under the blankets watching TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE with my 4-month old son...again!!!

FEEL...the dripping sourness and exhaustion as I pound away on the keyboard at 3:30 in the morning before work trying to finish my review of THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE as my 5th cup of coffee slowly plays havoc with my digestive system!!!

Yup...should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment